Friday, August 29, 2008

Corn, Corn and more Corn


Today, I had the great opportunity to go volunteer at the LDS cannery, and just my luck, it was CORN day! I got a great back and shoulder workout by standing and throwing corn down a chute for four hours straight (which is good because I missed my gym appointment). It was actually pretty cool, we manufactured over 20,000 cans of corn in our 4 hour shift, which will all go to charity and people in need. I don't know of any other organization that gets so much done with free labor! It was good to be a part of it. Just remember, if you get the chance to go...take your IPOD - my mind became numb with the repetition of corn throwing!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Good for you!! I have yet to help do corn. I bet it was kinda cool to watch!

We had a fun time meeting your family last week. My kids had a great time with Zack. Hopefully they'll get to play soon! Maybe they can run around together at the reception! ;)