Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ah, Sunday Mornings.

I don't know about you but Sunday mornings at our house can be a BIT, grumpy. This morning as I was in my room getting ready for church I overheard Zack and Steve getting ready in the room next to mine and what I heard made me laugh.

Zack: Don't do that you MORON. (very mater of factly)
Steve: Shocked silence. Then: That is not a nice word! Don't ever say that to me again! Who taught you that?
Zack: No one. (sadly)
Then Zack came in my room with a sad, pouty face. At which time I hugged him. (He didn't call ME a moron!)

I am pretty sure he heard that somewhere and was just trying it on for size, obviously not knowing the insult he was slinging at his dear father. I am also sure that had he said that to me, me being the most patient parent in the entire world, that I would have gently asked him to not use that word and explained that it wasn't a nice thing to say and then I would have hugged him. But... then again it WAS Sunday morning.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Ahhhh.. the things they learn at school. You should ask my brother about the word he learned his first day of kindergarten.

Kris said...

I laugh so hard at your blog. You write the funniest entries! Poor little Zac going to school. I love your Sunday mornings! I always have this picture in my head of a calm happy Sunday morning at our house and no matter what it is mass confusion and an uproar to get out the door at a time even close to the time we are suppose to be a church. It is good to hear someone elses Sunday isn't "perfect" either.

LindseyFae* said...

I love your stories about Zac! Too relatable. That's how I talk to everyone on Sunday morning.. just kidding?

Shannon said...

Zack is such a crack up. What is even funnier is I can totally picture Steve standing there in stunned silence. Sunday mornings just honestly suck. I know that is probably bad to say but really, they just do!