Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mothers Day Gift


I found a book I want for mothers day and thought I would post about it, in case you need an idea of what to get someone for mothers day. (Or what to tell your husband to get you for mothers day :) Click here for details. It is called "A Mothers Book of Secrets".

Every day I beat myself up about being a better mother. I have decided to stop doing that and really start pondering and praying about how to be better. This is the most important thing I will ever do in my lifetime and I want it to be the thing that I am most proud of. Right now I feel like I am just getting by. I have been so worried about getting MORE children in our family that I have been neglecting the ONE that I do have. If we never have any more children we will still feel infinitely blessed for the one we were able to have and I want to honor that blessing by being the best mother I can be.

I know a book like this will not miraculously change me into the person I want to be overnight. But, I do think reading things like this and having books like this around the house can help remind me what my goal is and keep me going in the right direction. Being a mother is the most difficult thing I have ever tried to do, but it is also the best thing I have ever experienced and I love it! I am so grateful for Zack and the unconditional love he gives me. I am learning and growing so much by being his mom.

Sorry for the heavy post, I just wanted to let you know about the book and all that stuff just came spilling out. It's been on my mind a lot lately and after reading this post I was inspired.

Have a great day and give your kids extra hugs today!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sounds like a great book! I should buy it for myself for mothers day!